by Rustic Escentuals
A perfect set of Shower Steamers for the long winter months! Place one shower steamer on the floor of the shower opposite the shower head. When the steam and mist hit it, the shower steamer will release a wonderful, invigorating fragrance. Make a variety of scented steamers for whichever mood you’re in! You can color coordinate the scents with our mica colorants to give any set the perfect finishing touch. This is like aromatherapy for your shower!
Supplies and equipment needed:
Four small containers
Fork for mixing
FIZZ Shower Steamer Mold (4 cavities)
Bath Fizzy Base
Four .15 cc scoops
Mica colorants: Harlequin Shimmer, Icicle, Purple Passion and Buttercup
body safe Fragrance Oils: Eucalyptus Blend, Peppermint Swizzle Stick, Lavender, and Yuzu
Fragrance and Color Selections for 4 different Shower Steamers:
• Eucalyptus Blend Fragrance Oil plus Harlequin Shimmer Mica. Eucalyptus is known for purification, health, healing, and relieving headaches.
• Peppermint Swizzle Stick Fragrance Oil plus Icicle Mica. Peppermint is known for purification, healing and energizing.
• Lavender Fragrance Oil plus Purple Passion Mica. Lavender is known for helping balance mind and body, relaxation, health, love and peace.
• Yuzu Fragrance Oil and Buttercup Mica. Yuzu is known for being refreshing and uplifting.
Add approximately 1/2 cup of Bath Fizzy Base to each of 4 containers. Make sure there are no clumps in the base.
Add 3 scoops of Harlequin Shimmer mica to one container and stir with a fork until fully mixed.
Repeat Step 2 with the other three containers using the remaining micas – Purple Passion, Buttercup, and Icicle. While the Icicle mica will not add any color to the shower steamer, it will add a nice little shimmer.
Working with one container at a time and using a disposable pipette, slowly add 3.5 ml’s of corresponding fragrance oil to each colored container. Randomly drip the fragrance oil in different spots and then mix very well with your hands. Wear gloves so as not to transfer the scent to your hands.
• Eucalyptus Blend Fragrance Oil / Green
• Peppermint Swizzle Stick Fragrance Oil / White
• Lavender Fragrance Oil / Purple
• Yuzu Fragrance Oil / Yellow
Spritz one of the scented mixtures with witch hazel, 3 to 4 spritzes at a time. It is important that you don’t spritz in only one section. Using your hands, mix together briskly while at the same time removing any clumps that have formed.
Note: The witch hazel must be added to a mister or spray bottle because pouring it directly onto the mixture will cause it to – well – fizz up!
Keep spritzing and mixing, testing the mixture each time. When the mixture holds together like a clump of wet sand then it’s ready. If it doesn’t hold together it’s not ready!
When the mixture clumps together like wet sand, quickly add it to one of the cavities in the mold. Make sure it’s pressed firmly so that no gaps will show in the finished products.
Repeat with the other scented mixtures in the remaining cavities.
Release each Shower Steamer from the mold and set aside to completely dry and harden for about 24 hours. When completely hardened store them in an airtight container.